All committee members are
volunteers and all positions become vacant at the annual general meeting. NSC committee
welcomes expressions of interest from those wishing to become a part of
our club and committee. Volunteers also form a valuable part of our club in many other ways.
Non 'Duty Club' Meets
At swim meets, parents are asked to assist
with timekeeping as every club is expected to supply at least three timekeepers plus officials for every swim meet. No experience is
necessary and you are guaranteed the best seat in the house!
Duty Club Responsibilities
Nightcliff Swimming Club, as well as hosting several club events, is rostered for inter-club meets.
Our responsibility when we are Duty Club is to:
- Attend the gate and collect gate takings on behalf of Swimming NT.
- "Dress" and "undress" the pool (touch pads, lane ropes, electronic timing, timekeepers/ marshalling chairs etc).
- Provide refreshments for officials.
- Provide one “runner" to assist the Meet Director.
- Negotiate with pool management re selling of drinks, BBQ etc.
NSC Club Nights
Co-ordinate and supervise activities that form part of our club night program.
Swimming Club relies on parents
to help us with their time to set up and man the BBQ and to assist with
the clean up and packing up at the end of the night. We also appreciate any offers of donations which parents are able to provide.
BBQ Fundraising events, such as those held at Bunnings and Nightcliff Seabreeze Festival.